Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In memory of Katie

I want to take a moment to send my condolences to Katie Womack's family and friends.
Katie is a bride that I photographed last year at her wedding in Mexico. She passed away Sunday from heart complications, while pregnant with her and her husband's first child. This was a complete surprise, and it's hard to believe that this sweet soul isn't here anymore. I know she will be terribly missed by very loving family and many friends, but I know that she had a relationship with Christ, and the only thing that keeps running through my head are Paul's words, "To live is Christ and to die is gain". I pray that her impact on people will outlive her life, and that through this all, God the Father is glorified. Her life will be celebrated today at her funeral in Stillwater.

Here are a few of the pictures that her husband, David, selected for the funeral. I think this first one really captures Katie's spirit. As you can see, David, her husband, adored her..
K+D-904
I kept telling my second shooter that Katie made the perfect destination bride because she was laid-back, loving, and seemed to really know how to enjoy the moments.
K+D-616
She was also deeply in love
K+D-838
This was Katie's facebook profile picture.
K+D-1008
Katie, thank you for living to the fullest.
K+D-983

This is the second client that I have shot who unexpectedly passed away. The first was a sweet baby, the youngest of the 5 generations in the pictures. And here is Katie, a healthy (she ran her first marathon in this last year) newlywed and mom-to-be. I have to step back and thank God for each day we are given. I also have to make sure that my days are directed by God, for He had the master plan, and I can only follow each step. I recently heard a quote from a missionary named Cory who said "We need to live our life in a way that demands an explanation". I couldn't agree more.

To the Womack and Reavis families, I am sorry for your loss and pray that God brings a comfort that's beyond our understanding.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP