Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Prayers for Mia and Sean

I come to you again in request of prayers.
I feel that God is giving me the opportunity to BOLDLY pray for several of my friends, and I am passing that opportunity on to you.

This sweet little girl is Mia.
She is the daughter of my friends Charlie and Beth. She is a little over one years old and truly a delight to be around. She is friendly to all, has an adorable laugh (as you can see), and loves to give goodbye kisses. Monday they found a mass in her abdomen. Yesterday they told her family it was cancer. Tomorrow this precious girl will go to surgery to have the mass biopsied and a port placed (so they can be ready for chemo once they find out the results). It breaks my heart to see a child have to fight such a terrible battle as cancer, but that is where she is at now. So I go to my Lord, the creator of the heavens and the earth, as I ask for her healing. And I will not stop asking for her healing as I proclaim the name of Jesus, the One who walked this earth with a ministry of healing.
192903_268176406530840_100000154470742_1275846_1503199_o
*note: the above is not my picture

And because cancer is so evil, I also want to ask you to pray for Sean. Sean was diagnosed last year around this time with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. After a year long battle, including chemo, radiation, and a stem cell transplant, Sean received more bad news after a recent bone marrow biopsy. I have been praying for Sean all year, and as I said above, I will not give up. Sean was baptized after his diagnosis, and I believe that God had plans to further His kingdom with this family. I will continue to pray for healing, because that is what I feel called to do, and I know our God has a plan. The NLT phrases Luke 11:9 as "And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.". This is me 'keeping on'
ColeFamily-3

I mention "BOLDLY" at the beginning because we just finished the Bold series at Lifechruch.tv. The Bold Prayer sermon really had me think about the way I pray, and the way I see things done in the Bible. I plan on carrying out the lessons learned, and impacting the lives of others. I make these statements on the internet in the name of Jesus.

Thank you Lord, for your abundant blessings. Please bring healing to these two families. Amen

No comments:

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP