Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Monday, October 19, 2009

backyard bond fire??

this video is what i came home to tonight

(first, let me say, i think the reason i don't automatically talk while video recording is because i hate my voice when recorded.. seriously, what kind of southern hick was that?)
as i type, i can hear the chopper flying overhead. the news just said that this fire has been burning for 3.5 hours. as a photographer, i sometimes have to fight the wind during a shoot (as we did during yesterday's shoot), but i think the firefighters have to fight it even harder... this apartment complex is with the same one mile block of me (right behind the lowes on kelly and covell, if you know edmond). even thought there's a big effort in fighting it, it still makes me a little uneasy being so close. now i know how if feels to live in california.
here's the view from our back porch

and here's the blazing complex (these are new, and i'm pretty sure were still unoccupied at the time, thankfully)

all photo credit goes to ray for this post (he captured these while i was at work)

not a bad job, huh?










and as i finish typing this, the news is warning people to stay away from the fire..
thanks for not obeying, ray!

1 comment:

Brandi Sue said...

Wow, great pictures! I'm glad he didn't obey either ;) I am also SO glad that no one lived there!

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP