Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Monday, July 7, 2008

summer to me

weeee!! after a week of enjoying some fun summertime activities, i thought i'd reflect some on what i think makes summer super! of course, spending time out in God's beautiful creation last week was a great way to enjoy these summer months (esp. in the mountains, were its a bit cooler :c). then on thursday i was volunteering at mercy ministries (a local food and clothing bank) where i was blessed with an overflowing crate of peaches. and these peaches were not just any peaches, but perfectly ripened, california sun sweetened, couldn't get any better, peaches. and when the juice started running down the side of my mouth as i took my first bite while stepping into the hot sun, i literally stopped right where i was and though 'wow, now my summer has officially begun!' it was that amazing! since then i have been eating at least 2 peaches a day, and it's been nothing short of delicious. but 2 peaches a day didn't make a dent in my crate, so what else is there to do but make a cobbler?! yes, i made my very first cobbler to take to a 4th of july party, a classic summer duo (where it was paired with some homemade icecream, yumm). with a weekend full of fireworks, sleeping in, put-put, and a swimming party, how could it feel any more like summer? you guessed it.. the lake! which i will be enjoying with my good friends this sunday! and that's what summer is to me!
ps. in this tribute to summer, i would also like to include summer dawn, who is an amazing friend that i will treasure forever! besides always being there for me, your probably the most faithful reader of this blog (even though commenting is difficult for ya) love you friend!!
pss. the pool and put-put were to celebrate rays 24th birthday on july 5! happy birthday sugar!
pss. if you didnt figure it out yet, the pic is of me as a kid, just enjoying a wonderful summer day.

2 comments:

Kelly Beane said...

i love this post, and what a cute pic!!!

ashley o. said...

thanks! my mom has always been a great photographer without any training..

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP