Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

my thoughts (on others thoughts)

tonight, i was home at 7:30 (usually the earliest that i ever leave work..), with supper made by my fabulous husband, and enjoyed with our new roomie. i don't have any pictures that i need to edit, i had a great day at work, and i get to enjoy this last bit of my evening. before i go curl up under the covers with a good book, here's a few quotes from the last month that have stuck out to me.


"if i were still trying to please men, i would not be a servant of Christ"- Galatians 1:10

hmmm... do i try to please men? do i check in vein for comments on my blog, and 'likes' on facebook? i pray that i will be able to say the statement above.


I pray and ask God for strength, but then I hear his voice saying, “The reason you are so tired is because you don’t rest. And then you want me to pump you full of energy like a God sized dose of espresso. How am I supposed to re-fill your gas tank if you are driving circles round the pump at 60mph?”- Amy Wenzel

i love this quote from amy. i don't know her, but she is a fabulous photographer, who's life dramatically changed a couple months ago when her husband was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. although a terrible situation, they are strong believers, and i truly believe God is working miracles through them.
"Perhaps you start a movement called Aspiring to the Median, where people commit to living at or below the median U.S. income ($46,000 in 2006) and giving the rest away. Is it intimidating to think about giving radically and liberally?"

this quote is from francis chan, a truly inspiring pastor out of southern california. i read this in his book crazy love. his chapter on the profile of the lukewarm (chapter 4), also stood out to me. i can't quote it all, but i'll give you a sample.

"lukewarm people attend church fairly regularly.. tend to choose what is popular over what is right.. don't really want to be saved from their sin; they want only to be saved from the penalty of their sin.. are moved by storied about people who do radical thinks for Christ, yet they do not act.. gauge their morality or 'goodness' by comparing themselves to the secular world.. love others but do not seek to love others as much as they love themselves.. think about life on earth much more often than eternity in heaven.."

like i said, this is just a sample from the chapter. and the thing i really like about frances chan is that he has biblical accounts that counter each of the statements in this chapter. and as much as i don't want to admit it, i fall into some (too many) of these classifications of the lukewarm christian. i would suggest you getting this book and looking at yourself honestly.

okay, so i know that was all a bunch of really small, detailed writing, so if you're still with me, congrats! and thanks for listening. no pictures this time, just words from my heart :c)

1 comment:

capturedbycheryl.com said...

I see the prayer request in this post and I'm all over it.....I ask that you pray for me for I too fall into those categories....I am going to buy this book. Sure do love you and miss you sweet girl....always thinking and praying for you and Ray. You have a good heart.....you love Jesus....that much is evident. Thank you so much for sharing words from your heart because it sure touched mine. I hope it doesn't rain Sunday....more than Pictures....I get to see my friend. We still need to do dinner. Love you!!!

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP