Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

sharin' the love

valentines day.. all about the love.
i was blessed today to be able to take part in a mission that focused on our love for our neighbors. as i told you, a tornado hit a couple miles away from where i live and did some major damage. so life church threw together a last minute v-day mission to help cleanup the neighborhood. this is the second time i've helped after a tornado's hit, the first was last summer in greensburg, ks (thankfully this wasn't as bad). in the neighborhood where we were at, there was mainly a lot of downed trees, and roof tiles. some houses were hit, while others stand intact. such is the nature of a tornado..
cheryl and i were there representing plg and captured some great images. after shooting for a bit, i had to warm up my hand by donning some work gloves and digging into the debris!

chainsaws were a necessity of the day
there were missing roofs..
missing fences..
and missing buildings.
here's a shot of a ladder that was deposited in this man's shed
but it was great to see the amount of people who showed up to serve!
even the kids were there to serve!
teamwork was key.
with many hands working..
.. we saw great progress!
here's cheryl, always with a smile :c)
all in a day's work

now, to finish up my v-day, i'll be shooting a wedding later tonight!
have a great day!
much love ~ashley o.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP