Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cancer Updates

Sadly, this post includes too many of my good friends that evil cancer has touched. I just wanted to give a quick update on some things that you can pray for, if you don't mind.

First, my friend Allison's husband passed away after his year and a half battle with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma a year ago last Sunday. I can't believe it's been a year already, and although Allison and her son Parker are doing good, they still dearly miss the man they love with all their hearts. Just continue to pray for support and God's tender love to be felt for both of them.

Little miss Mia will be turning 4 next month and just had her latest scans to show that she remains cancer free! We pray that she remains NED (no evidence of disease) and continues to light up our lives :c) Her mom, Beth, is busy this month raising funds for childrens cancer research. They are currently part of a program to help research a drug that is supposed to help kids stay in remission. She will be shaving her head in a couple weeks with St. Baldricks and they have a bunch of activities (including Bunco this Tues with food, wine, and prizes, my life group is going, let me know if you want to join us!) going on for people to donate to the cause. Check out their facebook page, 10 Strong (several other moms of cancer kids will be shaving their heads as well!).

On the other side of the cancer fight, 2 weeks ago I found out that one of my coworkers from Deaconess was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer. She is seriously one of the sweetest nurses we have. She is a mom of 3 (her youngest just 2 months old) and a dear Christian. The doctors aren't sure why she developed this, she doesn't have any of the risk factors and didn't show any signs until the tumor was so big that it was causing her troubles with swallowing. I was able to drop some groceries off for her this week and despite the devastating news, crazy new schedule, and the knowledge of just what cancer treatment can look like, she said that she feels like she can fight this. Please pray for her to win this battle. I am tearing up just thinking about it and would love to celebrate with Sylvia as we've been able to do with Mia.

And not nearly as serious, but still within the cancer realm, on Friday I found out that my dog, Honey, had a cancerous mass growing on her neck. She had surgery last week to take off a growth that's been on her neck for months now. The vet saw it in it's early stages and said it was most likely a sebaceous gland. I held on to that as it grew, changes, and people told me to get it checked out (great oncology nurse, huh?). So when I finally took her in, the vet said it would need to come off, that boxers are prone to skin cancer. It came back as a grade 2, which recommends that she actually have more skin removed than what the vet took, but the margins were clear, so we decided instead of chopping a hole in her neck, that we'd watch and see for any growth to come back. I'm grateful and hopeful that we were able to take care of it with this simple surgery-

Thank you for letting me share about some very dear people and their courageous battles.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP