Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

These Moments

I was sitting on the floor, holding my baby and looking up at my son when I saw this moment. Thankfully Isaiah cooperated long enough for me to get the camera and capture it. In this moment I realized he won't be like this much longer. He's certainly old enough to move out of the crib, but I've heard other parents say to leave them in the crib as long as you can, and I'm heeding their advice. But it won't be much longer. And that baby I hold in my lap? He is growing everyday. Soon enough he won't be dependent on me for nourishment, transportation, and entertainment.
 I was frustrated yesterday while shopping and trying keep Isaiah from grabbing/breaking everything and having to change Eli's diaper that leaked and trying to find clothes that aren't too tight/young/old.... I remember saying that this isn't worth it. Maybe shopping isn't worth it at this point in life, but my kids totally are. As I type, I hear my baby's sweet breathing and occasional grunts (because that's what he does) as he sleeps next to my bed. Isaiah will wake and only want me to get him out of his crib. These moments are worth it. I just read a post on The Pioneer Woman's blog which prompted me to write this post (and cry while I write it)
"Can I start all over? Because I will. In a second. I’ll do it all over again, even the labor and delivery part. I’ll do the sleepless nights, the stomach bugs, the potty training, the early days of homeschooling, the tangles in the hair, the doctor visits, and even the transition into adolescence."
I haven't even gone through this list, but I know it's coming. And it makes me cry. Apparently it wasn't just pregnancy that made me bawl at a VolksWagen commercial, it's being a mom. 
Here's my boys.
11-14-9


11-14-17


11-14-20

No comments:

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP