Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Friday, September 27, 2013

Being God's Legs

I am quite amazed that I have known the Bass family for 5 years now. I met them through Jules when I was volunteering at Mercy Ministries (a food pantry in OKC). We actually got Honey from them (that's where I say she got her crazy from ;c). Tess has a heart like no other, and as a single mom amazes me with what she can do. I'd say that Tobias and Titus take after her. Titus has defeated the odds by a long shot in his life with Cerebral Palsy. Tobias is a sweet young brother who loves his big bro and feels bad that he can't participate in everything like other kids. So he decided to push him in a 5K run that Tess' school was putting on tonight. He needed a stroller, so I let them borrow our jogger. But Titus is a bit long to fit in the baby stroller and Tobias is a kid who isn't afraid to take action to make his desires take place. He wrote to news channel 9 to see if they could help find someone to loan them a bigger jogger. The news station jumped on it and put together an adorable story over it. I love how truly honest the whole thing is, and it made me think for a moment the way everyone is reacting to this. I've known his plan and find it truly in character of Tobias, but hearing others reactions to the story made me stop and think how not-so-ordinary it is for a 10 year old (not that it shouldn't be the norm). Anyways, click here to see the link to the news story (they also covered the race tonight). Tess wanted some pics, I wish I had some really awesome ones, but I did try to capture the event. Enjoy-
TnT ready to run!
TobiasBlog-2
My good friend from high school (whom I've always known as Taco) ran with the boys to make them Triple T!
TobiasBlog-3
They had quite a fan club out there!
TobiasBlog-4
And they're off!
TobiasBlog-5

TobiasBlog-6
3.1 miles for a 10 year old pushing a stroller isn't what I'd call easy..
TobiasBlog-7
But Tobias was up for the challenge!
TobiasBlog-10
 
TobiasBlog-11
Thankfully he had a supportive fan club
TobiasBlog-12
and as he said, a God who can enable!
TobiasBlog-13
It was a beautiful night
TobiasBlog-14
and there was plenty of water and helpful cheering along the way
TobiasBlog-15
Here's one proud momma :c)
TobiasBlog-16
Speaking of momma's, I'm quite proud of this man's running!
TobiasBlog-17

TobiasBlog-18
The kid would not stop, and in good time, made it to the finish line!
TobiasBlog-19

TobiasBlog-20


TobiasBlog-21
 Brothers
TobiasBlog-22
and a momma's love
TobiasBlog-23

TobiasBlog-24
Channel 9 was there completing the story
TobiasBlog-25
Tobias and all the kids were pretty excited
TobiasBlog-26
When Tess was on the phone last night telling me to watch the news, she asked Tobias "You mentioned God, right?", of which Tobias said yes, to Him is all the glory
TobiasBlog-27

No comments:

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP