Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

To-Do, Check-

When the cat's away, the mice will play 
So if my son is the cat, and I'm a mouse, and my 'playing' is 'blogging', this is a true statement! 3 blogs is almost what I've been doing on a monthly basis, but now I'm on my 3rd in 2 days! I have been wanting to get this update in, and figured now was as good of a time as any..

Ray and I enjoyed dinner at the Sushi bar last night- I meant to take a pic, but forgot :c( Even though I was restricted to cooked rolls, we really enjoyed the meal! Then we went and watched Home Run in the the movie theater and didn't feel the need to rush home to releavie a babysitter!
Isaiah enjoyed his time at Grandma and Grandpa's. They took him swimming at a friends indoor pool, made strawberry shortcake (I told you they'd be baking) and wore him out with play!
 Here he is with the ball they gave him (that is waterproof and he played in the pool with)
04-20-14

While Isaiah was in Tulsa playing, we were here working. It was awesome to both be able to accomplish work at the same time! Ray worked hard on the lawn all day, and was even able to tackle the monster of a bush we have in the back (while I was at a photoshoot- this wold not have been possible had Isaiah been here). I'm blaming it on parenthood that kept us from doing hardly any yard work last year, so things were quite a mess. Our weed eater also broke, which has the attachment for the hedge trimmer, so I think this bush was a couple years overdue a trim. This is a good view to see just how much Ray had to take off, but it makes me so happy to look out and see that project done! Check-
04-20-2

I don't know if it's 2nd trimester surge, Isaiah getting older and more independent, or less time at the computer/photography work, but the bush is not the only to-do getting checked of after spending years on our list. In the below post I talked about my garden and how I've wanted to start on for a couple years, that's now done! Check-
I've also tried to work on my home movies for over a year, then imovie messed up, I didn't know how to create DVDs, and it was all just a big learning process for me. But I finally figured it all out (slow learning curve, again) and now have all of our home movies backed up on a disk up to this year! Check-
Cleaning all the grout is another 'big project' that sat on my to-do list for awhile. I posted back in February that it is now a completed task, Check-
I've developed a good sorting system for my pics on the computer, have Isaiah's books printed up to 18 months, and will be ordering hard copy prints now that snapfish has penny prints to have all of my photos up to date. I also put Isaiah's scrapbook officially together, Check-
I purchased tabs to redo some of the velcro tabs on my cloth diapers. Since I bought them used, there are some that have gotten pretty worn in my stash of Mediums. He is in the larges now, so it hasn't been pivotal, but it's something I wanted to do before baby gets here, so the is next up on the list. 

So that may seem like a ridiculous list and you'd wonder why it took me so long, but it seriously makes me happy to have a process for some of the things (like archiving movies and pictures) and have some tasks done that only need to be addresses every couple years (grout and bush). I think I understand more fully that there will be some tings I just won't be able to do with a baby, and that's okay, there will come a time again where I have my hands free (if I send them to grandmas ;c).

No comments:

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP