Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Mia: Bald is Beautiful

A couple weekends ago I was blessed to be able to spend some time with the McDowell family!
Mia was on a minivacation- she was done with all of her chemo and hadn't yet started her radiation. Since Mia has completed all of the chemo, her mom wanted to capture some pictures of this sweet girl before she grew any hair back (Beth, who's always planning, wanted to have pictures for any future cancer fundraisers, etc.. they are bringing light to childhood cancer!). Anyways, it was a beautiful Sunday morning and we decided to start with some fresh green grass in the background. Mia had other plans though, and made us really work for any smiles! In attempt to make her more comfortable, we finished out in her room. Enjoy-

We got a smile with eyes on the camera! Mia- you're gorgeous!
MiaBlog-1
love this smile and shot :c)
MiaBlog-2
The whole clan
MiaBlog-5
such love..
MiaBlog-6
I couldn't not shoot this handsome man! He's just 3 weeks younger than Isaiah, but a few pounds heavier!
MiaBlog-3
love me some baby feet.. and check out those rolls in his wrists!
MiaBlog-4
Back at home, Mia was more comfortable in her room-
MiaBlog-7
Pancakes are a current favorite morning treat
MiaBlog-9
Caught with her hand in the cookie... err, Joy Jar!
MiaBlog-8

MiaBlog-10

MiaBlog-11
It's truly something to celebrate with all the Mia's been through! These are her courage beads, each on represents something she's been through in the past 7 months.
MiaBlog-13

Here's what Mia has to say about her beads
"My Beads of Courage! So far I have about 400 beads and about half way thru treatment. You see lots of white - these are chemo, yellow - nights in the hospital, and red - blood/platelet transfusions. The big awesome one on the left, close to my central line patch is my favorite: the day I found out I was NED!!! Bring on the beads - I'm a fighter!!!"
MiaBlog-1-2
Love this saying above her bed..
MiaBlog-15
And of course, Mr. Max is hanging out all chill while we shoot his older sister. Couldn't pass up catching this guy on his belly though!
MiaBlog-14
We ended the shoot in Mia's kitchen, a place she frequents (she needs lots of strength to kick this cancer!)
MiaBlog-16

Praying for you remain NED (No Evidence of Disease) sweet girl! Love you-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! We would love to share Mia with our beads of courage community!!

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP