Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- a place where I share a bit of my photography, a bit of my life, and a lot of me! I am in love with the life that God has provided me. I live with my wonderful husband in central Oklahoma, in the town of Edmond. I am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I enjoy my work as a nurse and photographer. I adore sweets, nature, and my pesky (but cute) boxer, Honey. I feel that I am blessed with a passion for photography, and pray that I am able to bless others through it.

Thank you for being here and sharing the experience with me!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The first article

No, I did not wash away in the flooding that happened here on Monday (although we are surrounded by the damages, and very grateful that we are dry).
No, I did not go to another country for soccer, like my little brother Brett will be doing this summer, or like I said I'd do years ago when they announced that the World Cup was in South Africa.
No, I did not leave the state like I have been every other weekend for the past couple months.
Yes, I worked and shot and edited and ordered and served. And I kept putting off blogging, and as my to-blog list grew like the mounds of clothes on my closet floor, I treated them the same, leaving items I was 'finished with' on the 'floor' with the others instead of 'putting them up'. If my floor stays clean, I put the next article of clothing up, but if a let a couple go.. it's a big mess! But what's the first step in cleaning my closet? I pick up that first article and put it in it's place.. and that's what this is! This is the first solo camping trip that Ray and I have taken together, and I'm 'putting it up'!
On Memorial weekend we traveled down to the Wichita's, a part of Oklahoma I had never been to. I was amazed that we were still in OK! There were 'mountains' and cactus and wildlife.. oh my! Before we could even get to our campsite, we had to stop for a couple bison who were butting heads in the middle of the road!

Here's a lizard we found on our first hike- stunning colors..

Ray shot this, I love the wildflowers!

I'm amazed something so delicate can be produced by something so harsh..

Mmmm.. flowers, trees, clouds, heaven :c)

I thought Honey would love her time in nature.. I just didn't realize it would be soooo hot! At this point, she found some shade and said "i'm done!"

We drove to a lookout point, so pretty-



This was a random shot, but for some reason I like weird Honey shots :c)

"Honey, look at the camera for our first family portrait!"

"I said look at the camera... don't make me treat you like my clients!"

haha! :c)

Expect more to come, and thanks for waiting the almost-2 weeks!

3 comments:

~abi~ said...

aw, i love this post! isn't that part of our state so pretty??

ps i am exactly like you w/ putting up clothes and blogging! great analogy!

ashley o. said...

It is! I was so amazed when you took those pics down there, I had a hard time believing it was OK! Now i know!
as for the posts.. put some up... i want to see more!

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, Ashley - you didn't have to CHOKE Honey. LOL

Blog Archive

Copyright Information

All images are copyrighted work of Ashley Ofosu Photography, LLC©

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP